Friday, December 18, 2009

Cool Technology of the Week

I recently wrote a Computerworld Column about Email Overload.

I'm a data oriented guy and was curious to learn detailed statistics about my own Blackberry use.

A found a great Blackberry application called "I Love Blackberry" from EarlySail.

Here's my Blackberry statistics:

Average Daily - 111 Times for 2 hours 24 minutes divided as 86 times for 1 hour 34 minutes during work hours and 25 times for 50 minutes outside of work hours.

Average Weekly - 482 Times for 9 hours 31 minutes divided as 431 times for 7 hours 50 minutes during work hours and 51 times for 1 hour 40 minutes outside of work hours.

This means that I spend approximately 20% of my work time doing Blackberry communications. A startling statistic.

Between work time, home time and driving time email has added 20-25% more work to my week. I am more productive, and resolve issues sooner, and I can run organizations remotely. The EarlySail applications provides great insight into the time and effort cost of maintaining this level of connectedness.

That's cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment